I spotted a scarf like this a while back, but couldn't find it again...so I took a guess at how it was done, and this is what I came up with. I used some of the pink yarn I had left over from Arya's sweater, and stitched on a little Sakura blossom (I seem to have a fixation on them right now...they're just so pretty and spring-like!)
I love the way the flower turned out, though it was a bit fiddly to stitch the petals together. I made each one separately and sewed them to the centre, then stitched the whole thing to the scarf. Next time, I might try to find a way to do the whole thing as one, but I might need to work on my crochet skills to manage it.
I loved making this so much, I did a second one in the raspberry pink, with a little rose blossom. I also had a great idea to make one in green, with a shamrock for St Patty's Day...but I only got the idea on St Pat's...so maybe soon I'll have it done.
It's lovely and light, knit in DK, and definitely makes me feel like spring is on its way. Eventually. Though being Canada, I don't put away my winter wear until June...