Friday, February 5, 2016

Experiments!

This post is long overdue, and has been sitting in my drafts for about two weeks now.  What was supposed to be a post-holiday break for relaxation and me-knitting...well, it kinda got away from me.  First of all, Arya has gone from just learning to crawl to trying to walk in about a week and a half -- and is like a hurricane blowing through my living room.  Then, all of us got sick, which was no fun.  Plus, my computer decided to up and die on me, so I'm stuck updating from my iPad (hence the lack of formatting...apologies).  Anyways, there hasn't been a whole lot of time for knitting, but I've been doing what I can.

Still, I did manage to get another Zig-Zag Scarf off the needles, and I absolutely love the colors of this one.  A fiery mix of purple, red and orange, I have kept with my impromptu scheme and dubbed this one "Thor on Fire".  It made me giggle.  I wanted something that didn't require a lot of thinking or pattern reading, and this is a super easy go-to for me.  
I want to make all the things in this yarn
I've been putting in a few rows here and there on a few experiments, as well.  I say experiments because, well, I really have nothing but a vague idea going in that I play around with until it turns into something I'm satisfied with.  This one is a cotton scarf done in fan and feather, on a diagonal.  Because apparently I feel I should be doing more math with my knitting.  (A twelve stitch pattern, over four rows, two increases per repeat...carry the one...divide by zero...)
Love the colors of this yarn -- called "Hydrangea"

I'm also working on a cardigan for myself, but the pattern itself is in French, so it's slow going since I need to translate the terms used as I go.  So far it's turning out great, though!  

On the plus side, I've got a ton of new designs and patterns sketched out, so as long as I can keep up a steady stream of new yarn into my stash (is that ever REALLY a problem?) I'll have a bunch of new stuff to share with you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment